We are glad to introduce to you the new filament range FilaOne™ of Avante Technology, now available in our online store. These filaments are true “engineering grade” materials with mechanical properties that are very exciting to say the least.
The FilaOne™ range consists of two materials, the Avante FilaOne™ Green Advanced Composite Filament and the Avante FilaOne™ Gray High Performance Composite Filament. Every spool purchase, regardless the size, comes with a complementary adhesion sheet. These adhesion sheets are specially designed for printing with FilaOne™ filaments and ensures that the filaments perform excellent. Both filaments and these printing adhesion sheets are designed to work on any FFF/FDM printer with a heated bed capable of maintaining 95ºC and extruding at 205ºC – 220ºC.
In this guide we will describe each filament, its key features and we’ll give you some examples of applications.
Avante FilaOne™ Green Advanced Composite Filament
This filament enables you to turn your desktop 3D printing capabilities from conceptual prototypes to functional and “production quality” parts.
The FilaOne™ Green can be called a true engineering grade material that provides “engineering grade” mechanical properties without the drawbacks you encounter with printing Nylon. Besides that, this material is very stiff (13% higher flexural modulus than ABS) and very tough. It wont crack or craze when bent or under stress.
To sum up some key features:
- This material is hydrophobic. It won’t be affected by humidity and is water resistant.
- As mentioned before, this material is mechanically very strong. Stiff, impact resistant and chemically resistant.
- It is a safe material to print with, it has no toxic outgasses and is extrudable at low temperatures (205°C – 210°C)
- And last but not least, this material is eco-friendly.
Examples for applications of the FilaOne Green:
- Outdoor and marine applications
- Parts exposed to chemicals/fumes
- General use for functional parts as a safer and easier to print alternative to Nylon and ABS
Comparison chart of GREEN material properties compared to conventional 3D printing materials:
Avante FilaOne™ Gray High Performance Composite Filament
The FilaOne™ Gray filament is made for 3D printing high performance functional parts. The material is reinforces with carbon nanotubes and provides stiffness, resilience and very high strength without the drawbacks of other materials like ABS, Nylon or PolyCarbonate. This is a proprietary composite material formulated for high mechanical performance, resilience, water and chemical resistance and for safe & easy printing of parts on desktop FFF/FDM printers. This is a very impressive material to say the least.
Some key features of this material:
- The FilaOne™ Gray prints at 220ºC without any toxic chemical outgassing or nozzle jamming.
- It is a hydrophobic material that is not at all affected by humidity. It repels water and resists salt water.
- With 0.86 grams per cubic cm (when printed at 100% infill), makes this material ultra lightweight. It delivers the highest strength-to-weight-ratio in the industry! This material holds 1,000 times its own weight.
- The Flexural strength of the FilaOne Gray is 48% stronger than ABS. it is very resilient and bends but recovers with minimal crazing.
- This material has a strong chemical resistance to:
Acids: dilute sulphuric acid, phosphoric, citric, boric, benzoic, and acetic acid.
Bases: caustic soda, potassium hydroxide, aqua ammonia, basic, acid and neutral salts.
Solvents: acetone, ethyl alcohol, aniline, phenol.
Gases: dilute chlorine, hydrogen sulfide, carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide.
Examples for applications of the FilaOne Gray:
- Aviation, drones, automotive: improved toughness & resilience at lower weight.
- Outdoor and marine applications: tough, resilient and resists water, salt water, chemicals.
- Parts that are exposed to chemicals/fumes.
- General use for functional parts as a safer and easier to print alternative to Polycarbonate, Ultem and PEEK.
- Molds for compression molding, and injection molding plastics
Comparison chart of material properties of GRAY compared to conventional 3D printing materials
The Printing Adhesion Sheets are complementary with any spool size order of FilaOne (retail value of $34.95). These sheets are available in 8.5 inch (21.6 cm) by 10 inch (25.4 cm) sheets. You can easily cut them with scissors to fit your specific print bed.
The sheet optimizes part adhesion during printing while at the same time allowing for easy removal of completed parts (without damaging any surface). The sheets are easy to apply and safe to use, no chemicals or glues required. The sheets are made to provide a strong, durable surface that will last for many print jobs when used as recommended.
Custom sizes available upon request.