Professionals and educators alike will gather together in Chicago, Illinois on December 13-14th for the 3D Printing in the Workplace and STEM Education Symposium. 3D Universe is partnering with Ultimaker and Bit Space for the two-day hands-on event.
There will be workshops. There will be guest speakers. And there will be product demonstrations, hack-a-thons, raffles, networking parties, and much more. For those who have been looking at putting 3D printers in the workplace or classroom, this is the event to attend.
Here’s a glimpse at some of the presentations that attendees will be able to enjoy:
- Matt Griffin and Anderson Ta from Ultimaker will host a four-hour workshop on the maintenance and non-scheduled service needs of Ultimaker 3D printers, including hands-on demonstrations.
- Mike Hurley, President of Bit Space, will head up a presentation of the products and services that Bit Space offers to help schools adopt maker-oriented education programs.
- Jen Owen, Co-Founder of the e-NABLE Volunteer Community that provides 3D printed prosthetics free of charge, will lead two presentations: Giving the World a Helping Hand – The History of e-NABLE and 3D Printing and e-NABLE in STEM Education.
- Jeremy Simon, CEO and Founder of 3D Universe, is also an e-NABLE Volunteer so he’ll be going over the e‑NABLE Web Central application that his company created.
- Chris Jackson, President of Terrafilum, will speak on Eco-friendly 3D Printing Materials.
There will also be workshops on material performance, learning Autodesk Fusion 360, and designing for FDM 3D printing. Education and entertainment come together for the Bit Space Design Jam that demands contestants to come up with novel solutions to ridiculous problems; the designs will be 3D printed and displayed during the networking event. And some educators and students will be in the spotlight for their 3D printing projects and contributions.
This is a great opportunity to tour the Bit Space Makerspace, which is full of doodads and gizmos to fabricate every type of thingamabob. The new Ultimaker S5 Pro Bundle with automated filament swapping will be showcased as well so definitely have a look at that. Space is limited so reserve tickets now.