Going for a fully enclosed 3D printer can have several benefits.
- – Safe to use
- – Wide range of printable materials
- – Better print quality
- – Noise and heat loss reduction
Safe to use
Enclosed printers provide much needed domestic and workplace safety considering nozzles and beds can reach some rather high temperatures. This is especially useful in any situations where children may be nearby, either at home or in educational environments.
Wide range of printable materials
A closed print chamber prevents unwanted airflow to alter your print as it prevents warping and it also keeps the print environment warmer than open structures. An enclosure helps you to maintain a stable, consistent output which makes it perfect for printing specialty materials like nylon.
Better print quality
Besides the points mentioned above, a closed 3D printer has a stronger more sturdy frame than a printer with an open structure – this also enhances print quality. Particularly with ABS and larger parts, print quality can vary depending on the quality of enclosures.
Noise and heat loss reduction
Printers with an enclosure tend to be far more quiet. This makes them far more viable for office desktop environments. It’s also a bonus that since less heat escapes enclosed printers, they tend to be better to keep around equipment that doesn’t do so well with fluctuating temperatures such as high-power computers.
DIY enclosure solutions
The more enterprising print enthusiasts often build their own DIY enclosures. We’ve covered closed DIY print enclosures before.
Featured Enclosed 3D Printers
The Fusion3 F410 is a professional grade FFF 3D printer and the successor of the Fusion3 F400. A big new feature on the F410 is that this 3D printer comes with interchangeable print heads. You have the choice between three interchangeable print heads, a .4mm and .6mm are included and a .8mm can be purchased separately.
Dremel DigiLab 3D45
This is Dremel's DigiLab 3D45. Features we like:
- - Can print a wide range of specialty materials, including nylon
- - Remote monitoring with built-in HD camera
- - Queue your prints via cloud print management software
- - Carbon Filters
- - Easy to stack (perfect for schools, maker spaces, print farms)
Ultimaker S5 Pro Bundle
The Ultimaker S5 Pro Bundle is made up of three breakthrough devices:
- Ultimaker S5 – the award-winning, composite-ready dual extrusion FFF 3D printer
- Material Station – a 6-spool pre-feeder with humidity control that automatically switches between materials
- Air Manager – a top enclosure with a material-matching adaptive EPA filter
These integrate seamlessly together to overcome the common challenges associated with FFF material handling and storage – making it easier to unlock demanding 3D printing applications that deliver real business value.